Saturday, March 27, 2010

the transition

The transition is going well!  We jumped right back into "baby land" it seems.  The week plus with him alone probably really equipped us :).  But now we actually have to take care of all three of the kids, dogs, house AND cook dinner!  UGH!  Oh well :).  The house will be a bit dirtier and dinner a bit later for awhile. 
So far the girls are enjoying Micah.  Jackie especially seems to have a bunch of interest.  She tries to soothe him when he cries and is especially helpful in the car.  Today she tried to feed him for us from her vantage point of the middle seat!  Anna is actually being pretty gentle, for Anna!  It's such a good thing that he is a tough, strong, active baby!  I'm not worried about her hurting him as I would have been a less strong baby!  A newborn would TOTALLY freak me out!  Anna does not have naturally soft hands like her big sister.  She would love him to death :).  He is smitten with them.  It's fun to watch!  Most importantly though, the attention does not center on him alone.  Today we went to see Jackie's art at the art festival.  Very cool!  She did a great farm scene (shown here in the pic.  it's above her head) which I loved.  Then we went to the Eggsplosion, which is a very cool easter egg hunt.  They got to bounce, ride a pony, get a tatoo, eat popcorn and hunt for eggs.  THEN we came home and they played outside while Ty seeded the yards (YES my agility yard too!).  Micah came along for the ride.  It was a good day.  He still wants to sleep a lot and snack every three hours.  We are working hard on that!  Ty stuffed him so much last night that we managed to get him to sleep from 8-3 ish.  Not bad!  I feel much better today because of that!  Anyway, he is SOO cute.  He is totally in that squishy stage where you just want to hug and tickle him.  He is really trying to crawl!  I feel sort of like I cheated by getting him right in my favorite baby stage :).  LOVE it!  He'll be 8 months old a week from today!  Amazing!  I will blog about the trip when I have more energy.  Thanks for all the prayers!  We are SO glad to be home!

No comments: