Good morning. Ty and I did the best we could last night. We are now on the first floor, which is much easier to get to! Micah actually slept through for 6 hours! They have been waking him every three hours all day and every 4 hours at night to feed him since he was a month old. I am pleased with how quickly he is changing to our schedule! However, the lack of REM sleep is starting to get to me. Tonight I vow to go to be when he does. I do remember this Jackie and Anna and expected it. I think the stress is not helping :). AWAA continues to be amazing. Robel just showed up to check on us. Duni will be here soon with a high chair and a seat for Micah! I would suggest that future AWAA families figure a way to bring donations of booster seats (some fold so would not be hard to bring) to the Guest house! Boy would that make it all easier! I'm going to try very hard to get an exer-saucer for Micah! He is mister busy. I doubt he has ever seen a TV and is enjoying watching Letterman and Wheel of Furtune in the dining area :). These people are SO neat and clean. It is amazing! The difference between them and Americans is pretty shocking. Anyone coming here will be totally comfortable. I've been using their laundry service. They wash the clothes by hand in sinks and tubs outside and hang them out. It is so cool. Everyone has a smile. There are 2 or 3 guards at our Guest House who work 12 hour shifts. We bring them cokes at least once a day. They love Micah. I will post a picture of one of them with him. All this talk about the Embassy has not allowed me to share more info about Micah! He is gorgeous! His skin is beautiful. He has several deep chicken pock scars that I guess will fade with time. He has mongolian spots on his bumper, which are so cute :). They are just blacker than his skin. He has a funny thing he does with his right eye. We call it the harry eye ball. When he sucks on a bottle, his eye lid goes up and down. It's really funny. It seems his eyelids are too small for his eyeballs, so he sleeps with his eyes half open sometimes. It's a little freaky. Duni says she and one of her children are the same way. Let's just pray there is nothing wrong with his eyes, though he seems to see great and I don't notice it at other times. We can't all be flawless! :) Anyway, he is very busy and is rocking back and forth on his knees now. He is going to take off and be crawling in the next week I guess! He is eating like a champ and is quite insistent on being fed FASTER! He LOVES the bath tub, which is just a super large bowl. We have taken to putting him in it on the floor with a toy as a play pen :). He LOVES it. Too funny. He started to laugh yesterday! He thinks Ty and I are very funny. He LOVED Charlie Beal (the other adoptive dad in our group), who has already been dubbed Uncle Charlie. Abeh Micah, as we call him now, has been drug aroud everywhere and done such a good job! He will flow easily into his new life as the youngest kid who has to be woken up from naps and thrown in the car and carted around after his sisters. The one thing though, I wonder how he'll take to a carseat... There is no such thing here!!!
So Robel has just told me he is going to take us to a soccer game tomorrow! Cool! I'll post later and let you know what we did today. He wants to take us hiking, for like ever, up a Mountain. I reminded him he is an skinny Ethiopian who is used to the altitude and runs a 5K in 14.29 (HOLY COW!) and we are fat Americans. He says it will be fine, but I'm not sure :). He does have a bumb knee from a motorcycle accident, so that would be to our advantage. Again, these people are wonderful and we really appreciate how they are taking care of us. We're doing fine! The nice lady at the desk (whose name I cannot pronounce) here told me "oh, it will be fine (the investigation), these things happen, you will know Monday I tink! You can only pray!". Love her. Love these people! God is doing his work here and it is amazing to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I wouldn't worry about the car seat...don't you have a clicker or two at home? LOL
{{{HUGS}}} We're thinking of you constantly and sending prayers your way.
Jackie
I have heard of the eye thing...a good friend of ours has it. It has something to do with the muscle that attaches is over the bone instead of under....dont quote me on that.. :) If that is what it is, it is not painful. Thinking of you, send you tons of love and prayers...I am with Jackie, a clicker would work just fine! ;)
Post a Comment