Tuesday, March 16, 2010

GOTCHA!

Audrey is still unable to update her blog from ET, so I'm gonna report in for her! She will be able to give a more complete story when she returns, this is just a quick tease to let everyone know the short version of what's going on!

Today... Tuesday, March 16th is the long awaited "Gotcha" Day! The morning began with a shopping trip. They went to an area that had a lot of little shops selling traditional items and had fun bargaining for their purchases. After shopping was lunch at a pizza place, then off to the AW Transition Home. They were able to take pictures of some of the children whose parents will be coming to get them soon! I know this was a VERY important thing for Audrey and Ty to receive while they were waiting, and I know they are looking forward to being able to share those updates and pictures with the new parents waiting here in the states. They were also able to deliver the donations and care packages that they brought with them.

Then.... they got to take Micah.... this time, FOREVER! After leaving the AW Transition home, they went to the Transition Home for the older kids. They delivered toys and had fun playing with the kids for a bit.

A quick trip to the grocery store for Micah's formula and they were headed back to the Guest House. According to Audrey, Micah was a "trooper" through all of their travels! After eating dinner at the Guest House, they hung out in the room getting to know Micah. He is an active baby, army crawling all over the place! Then.... it was BATH TIME! Micah apparently loved his bath! I did get a short video from Audrey, which I can't figure out how to post, but trust me.... HE'S CUTE! Laughing and smiling, I can't wait to hug him! Then, it was bed time for Micah, and I am sure Audrey, Ty and Amber weren't far behind! What an exciting day! I'm not sure what tomorrow holds for them, but I am sure that it is going to be great, because they finally have sweet Micah in their arms!

That's all I have for now. I'll post again when I know more!
Thanks,
KT

1 comment:

ErinBush said...

He is so adorable! Can't wait for more pictures.