Tuesday, February 23, 2010

this morning...

This morning we should know one answer, I guess!  AWAA had a meeting with the embassy while we slept and hopefully they will let us know if we can travel.  On another front, we did not hear from Immigration yesterday.  We are supposed to get a tracking number when they ship our 171-H to NVC.  We will give this number to our Senator so his office can contact NVC and have them look out for it and hopefully put it on the TOP of their to-do stack.  I don't know if immigration even mailed it yesterday.  I am also concerned because we need copies of those immigration documents in our hands to take with us.  Will they get here in time?  I know nothing is too big for the Lord to overcome, if He wants to.  But who konws His will?  In the meantime, I'm trying to make myself make steps to finish up preparing, but I don't feel motivated.   Oh well.  I did wash the new onesies and the new 6-9 month clothing.  I just need to fold them and pack them and I think I'm done with Micah's stuff.  I'm full of donations and sad to say I only have 3 care packages.  I wish I had more to give out but I don't feel confident taking more, just in case we don't get to go anytime soon!  BTW, it is tradition for families traveling to take care packages to waiting children from their new families here in the US.  We also get to take pictures of the kids for the families!.  It is such a pleasure, I am sure! 

Anyway, we'll see what today brings.  My friend Leigh sent me some strength:
Psalm 37:7 Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for HIm to act. 
I will admit that patience has never been my strength.  I have prayed and prayed for patience.  One of my dear old friends, with 4 kids, once told me (before we had kids) to be careful in praying for patience because God would surely give me a reason to need it!
PS Why did I go private with this blog?  A friend of mine, who is also adopting from ET, said she suddenly was getting hits from all over the world on her blog.  Not just one time hits, but returns, and from countries that I don't think need to be looking at ET adoption.  So, because I have lots of info on here about my kids, my family and our travel plans, I don't think it's a good idea for just anyone to be reading it!  I'm glad I had the conversation with her.  I have no problem inviting people who want to follow along because of an adoption interest or because they are friends/family!  They can just email a request.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Audrey,
You have my positive thoughts and prayers. I know everything will work out the way God has intended. You were right in going private with your Blog. There are too many issues in the world and you do not want your family to be in danger.

fancypants said...

Ty & Audrey,
He is beautiful! And looks very healthy and happy (praise God!) We continue to be in prayer for your situation; for perfect timing, safety and peace. God IS in control and He loves all of you very much!

As do we,
Jill