So we were supposed to hear back from USCIS regarding our new 171-H today. BUT, everything is CLOSED due to the Great Blizzard of 2010. Every day that goes by without our paperwork off to NVC (national visa center) is... not good. We can only pray that the officer in charge of our case moves on it first thing tomorrow morning and gets our paperwork off to NVC very very fast. More weather is headed our way! UGH! We did get a spot of bright light today though! We got pictures from the Kern Family! They just got back from ET with their cutie and took some great pics of Micah for us! Thank you thank you thank you! This tradition of families visiting with, holding, loving, taking pictures of and delivering packages to waiting children is WONDERFUL! Most of the precious pics we have of Micah were taken by fellow adoptive families. We are so grateful. We will be taking pictures and taking packages for other adoptive families as well. We already have three families signed up! I cannot wait to return the favor!
I have been compiling "stuff" for months for our trip and for Micah, of course. Today I brought the suitcases up out of the basement and began packing. I'm sure I'll re-pack 100 times, but at least we can start getting an idea of how many donation we can take! We are going to be bringing LOTS of donations and only a few outfits for each of us to wear and wash at the Guest House. We'll be bringing things to give like: kids vitamins, wipes, diapers, paper towels, various clothing, rubber gloves, shoes, twin sheets, granola bars, bubbles, chapstick, small toys like balls etc. I'll take donations from anyone who wants to send them with me! First email me to see if there is room though! I'm thinking of hitting Payless to see if I can pick up a few more pairs of tennis shoes. I'm taking lots of hand-me-downs from my kids and from Nats :). Lots to do!
Audrey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment