Monday, February 8, 2010
government... shut down, again?
Seriously? For real? Are you kidding? Our government is SHUT DOWN AGAIN tomorrow! I cannot believe it. I'm PRAYING it's just Quantico and it's NOT Immigration! But my thoughts are that if a little snow and ice can shut down a Marine Corps base... how safe are we? We drove into town today and got icecream (BRUSTERS IS OPEN!!!!) and went to Home Depot! I can pick out paint for my kitchen but the Government can't open? What the heck? That does not sound so good to me, as far as our security goes!!! I'm sure it is much more complicated than that but... Ok, now that I have that out... Yes, Ty JUST told me that Quantico is closed tomorrow, again (that would be Tuesday). That means he is home. Typically if my husband were to tell me he would be home for a snow day, I'd be beyond thrilled (as I was today) but.... We NEED IMMIGRATION TO PROCESS our paperwork or we will be unable to go get Micah at the end of the month. I can't help but think Micah is growing up in that transition home. Yes I am exaggerating and I know it but still... he is fat. he has a roll. he has hair. he is drooling. he is LOOKING at something in the pictures and I can't tell what it is! he is CURIOUS and I'm not telling him what it is he is looking at! It's a bit maddening. OK a lot. Yes Yes Yes I know it's all in perfect timing! It does not feel perfect right now. SO I say "I believe! Help me with my unbelief!!". OK that is better. Thank you for letting me vent (so I'm liking this blog thing). I had JUST finished emailing something similar to a new "friend" who is suffering from these same emotions. Except I was advising her on how to deal with them LOL! I am so wise! So yes friend, it sucks for me too. Yes I cry. Yes I am frustrated. Yes I know it will be all in perfect timing too. I know I am equipped to deal with this and that I will deal with this. However, it will be by God's grace and not my own! That is one thing I know for sure! Grace is so not my middle name right now (my mother was wise and did not include this in my name anyway. I, however, did include it in my oldest daughters name)... So I need to stop with the comfort stuff, the eating, the baking, the not working out hard enough. Tomorrow it's back to taking care of the house that God gave me. I need to drink more water. Go to sleep earlier. Keep loving my husband, playing with my kids and training my dogs. Above all else, I need to keep praying for patience and wisdom because I already know I have been given a life that needs them! Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment