Tuesday, February 23, 2010

o.b.e.

That's how I have felt today, I must admit.  Overcome by events, that is...  Which do you want first, the good news or the bad news?  The good is very good and the bad is... not so good.  Ok, let's start with the good then.  The ET embassy cleared us to travel!  That is very good news!  The bad news is that we can't travel because our address update is still sitting at immigration.  The officer in charge of our case says she'll try to overnight it tomorrow. There was some sort of problem along the way, which is why it is not at NVC now...  Go figure.  The bottom line?  If our update is not uploaded into the ET consulates database by Thursday, we don't go this weekend.  Our agency thinks it may be fine for us to travel in two weeks (instead of this weekend), but we may be by ourselves.  The fear is that everyone else behind us in line may have delays due to new procedures (we typically travel in groups). There is so much going on with the ET embassy right now, we are hoping we will not get caught up in it.  We need to travel now before they won't let us!  I contacted my senators office again today.  They said they are doing everything they can and have called and left messages with Immigration, with no response.  They cannot do much until our documents are sent to the NVC. 

How are we doing?  Ha!  I forgot to drink my coffee this morning at home. Never fear, Anna and I had to run errands before gymnastics so I could happily visit Starbucks inside my favorite Target!  Guess what?  It was CLOSED!  Seriously?  That is right.  The "person" working at Starbucks was on break from 9:45-10:10.  NO kidding.  No coffee for me today.  I mean really, can Starbucks really close in the morning anywhere in the whole U.S.?  The answer is yes.  So that was fun.  At least I got in a good workout before coming home to follow Ty's maddening email chain with Immigration.  I'm happy to say that most of our travel group is getting to go.  Two of us are waiting on Immigration and a couple are having to wait to travel at a later date.  By the way, this adoption thing is crazy, but worth it!!!!  We know that!

On a much lighter note, tomorrow is Ty's Birthday.  The girls and I skipped Jackie's gymnastics tonight (I was o.b.e. and she also fell on the sidewalk and skinned up her palm and both knees) and went to get ice cream and then Birthday shopping.  We had a good time.  Thursday will be the day we know about travel I guess.  :)  We did get our travel itinerary today, which includes a trip to a spa for the ladies!  How cool is that? 
We appreciate your continued prayers. I can feel them!  Don't stop! :)

1 comment:

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

precious baby boy... love the pics.. so excited that you received these.. Thank you Lord!!