Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
(well said Joshua. love you, nat)
So this I must remember on days like today. Thanks Nat. As Ty and the girls and I ventured out into the MAD HOUSE that is 610 and Stafford, VA, to buy paint for the house, we got a phone call from Nicole. I knew it was not going to be a happy one. She told us that Micah has pneumonia and is the "hospital room" at the transition home. He is with several other babies in the same predicament. He is on IV antibiotics and oxygen. She said she would give us an update in one week, unless it was bad news in which case I guess AWAA gets that info from the in-country staff, and they pass it along to us sooner. So, no news is good news. Bless Nicole's heart for being the bearer, and from her home phone, as AWAA is closed. This is tough for me as you can well imagine. Anna had pneumonia and the swine flu this fall and it was not a fun time for us. Especially not for me. So, the only thing I can do from my end is pray. Truly, that is all! He will get around the clock care by the very attentive and loving people there. The best news is that there is a pediatrition on staff at AWAA's transition home. I feel MUCH better knowing this. Will you join us in praying for Micah and ALL the other babies over there suffering from this illness? How I wish I could bring him home. He is in God's hands though, which are better than mine, this I know.
So of course the weather is terrible here, as predicted. We have several inches of fresh snow on top of the 23 that have not yet melted I TOTALLY understand now why things are shut down. It's a little crazy because people HAD to go out today to re-stock after the last storm, in light of this new one. Many of those folks don't have the kind of vehicle that does well in snow/ice, or they don't know how to manage the one they do have, so are getting stuck EVERYWHERE. Attitudes are not so good either. There was a horn honking contest going on while some poor non 4x4 was stuck in an intersection! Imagine! Ty and I agree we are glad we live "in the country" compared to most here. He declared that there never would have been that kind of a mess in Childress, TX. Ty had a few good laughs watching people try to get unstuck. At one point we stopped to see if we could help pull two armored money trucks out of the snow! I warned Ty not to scare the guy while walking up to the vehicle, as I am sure the guy must have had a gun! Anyway, we were literally stuck in gridlock traffic in the parking lot of Home Depot/Foodlion for hours! Amazing! I was VERY glad to get my family home after our 3 hour trip to town to buy paint for the kitchen, den and Micah's room and a quick stop in the grocery store. Oh and they were down to only WHOLE milk (GAG!) and that was dwindling fast. I do need to remember that some folks still don't have power around here though! So we are happy with our whole milk, full tummies and warm beds! God is good.
Tonight I'm praying for all the kids over there. I'm praying they have strong medicine and I'm praying the caregivers are all wise. I thank them for watching over my baby...
Audrey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Audrey, we will be praying regularly today. Sounds like he has a good physician out there, and we KNOW he has a Great Physician taking care of him. So sorry you guys have to go through this -- I can't imagine how difficult it must be and the pain you must feel, especially being so far away from your little one. God be with you!
Post a Comment