Saturday, January 30, 2010

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

Well, we are the bug I guess. This week brought a bit of movement but not how we wanted it to go! We are now moved to the NEXT travel group. We should leave here on Feb 27 and return a week later, though I have not gotten a confirmation email on that as of yet. We have an appointment with Immigration in Fairfax next Friday morning to update or address. We MAY be able to be issued our new 171-H (a must have to get Micah's visa) on the spot. If that is the case, then we wait to hear when our new address and update will be confirmed through the Nation Visa Center (NVC). The problem is the NVC is quite busy at the moment with the disaster in Haiti and it is nearly, if not totally, impossible to get through to them, so I hear from other families. We won't be able to make our concrete travel arrangements until we have confirmed that our info is updated over there. We may have to get our Senators invovled, but I don't know! So, we'll give Immigration a chance to get it done and take a "wait, pray and see" attitude for a bit.

We did receive Micah's ET birth certificate this week. He is Abenezer Tyrone Ferrel and they listed his birthdate as August, not September! No worries, we'll give him a September birthday anyway when he gets his new birth certificate. But it does make me a little sad that he may be in fact older than we thought. Par for the course though. Oh, the name is how they traditionally do it in ET. He will be re-named Micah Abenezer Ferrel once we get him here :).

Anna and I ventured up to AWAA last week and picked up our updated HS. We brought brownies :). The office is GORGEOUS and the people there are so nice. It was great to meet some of the people I've been talking to for over a year now! It was not a bad drive at all, minus a bit of traffic and there is a great BBQ joint right down the road! :) So, now that I'm at a stand still with my paperwork and emails, I think I'll do some more studying on Ethiopia. I got an Amazon order yesterday :). I ordered Fire on the Mountain, an Ethiopian childrens book by Jane Kurtz. The girls and I LOVED it. We will be getting all Jane's books. The illustrations are WONDERFUL and the story is outstanding. I also got Ethiopia, Culture Smart and started reading it to Ty while he made breakfast this morning (he always does bfast on the weekends!). I continue to be fascinated by Ethiopian Culture. I began reading Held at a Distance by Rebecca Haile yesterday as well. I'm enjoying that too.
On another note, my dear friend Elyse made Micah's NAME for his wall! I squealed when I opened it! It is beyond gorgeous! Since it's snowing and we are done going outside for now, I plan to make Ty help me hang it! Yipee! Pictures later!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Of course, you know you may have an elite runner on your hands...some of the greatest of all time have been from Ethiopia, most notably Heile Gebrselassie. If he needs a good trainer or a running partner, you know who to call, right?

Audrey said...

LOL! Right!