Monday, February 9, 2009

The Process and more...

The process is painful. We are working on compiling documents for our homestudy (HS). I feel like it could have gone MUCH faster had I been on the ball like say, Thanksgiving time-frame. But I was not. Christmas really got me! Then it did not seem like we were home at all until the second week of January. Then there was always something. Amber etc. came out and she lit a fire under us. We got much of our documents completed shortly thereafter. Amber is amazing. She sent a fabulous care package, including chocolate for each of us (and coffee, though that was not such a good idea I guess since it was the liquid form and happened to explode). She also sent boy clothing! How weird! Anyway, it all washed fine so no harm, no foul! We have not opened the chocolate yet!

The kids are doing great. We started swimming again, though this time in at a different place. We'll see how that goes! Gymnastics is going well! They seem to really like it, though I may like it more than Jackie does! She wants to do BALLET! So we will have to check into that. Grace IS her middle name but I'm not sure if that means much! Pre-school is wonderful. They both seem to love it.

I have to say, I'm really proud of my brother-in-law for doing the Team in Training. He's never run much (except football I think) and has found at, at the ripe old age of 35, that he is a good runner! http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/shamrock09/dmclaughlin
Go Doug! We all love Ms. Mac and want to see her get better!

On another front, I think I'll start back into Agility with Pronto. I'd like to give it one more shot while we live here! We'll see if he stays sound. It's been very hard for me to get him back into it each time because it's such a disapointment when he pulls up lame... I have so many other things on my plate that fullfill me, even more so, but it's still a downer. It's not so easy on him either since it means crate rest! I now have a wonderful Chiropractor on my side: Agrella Family Chiropractic, Dr. Michael Agrella. We'll see what he can do for us!
Salsa is still doing well. She's plugging along on her 3 mile runs and loves it. I have noticed she's eating more slowly, so I suspect it's time to have another dental. I wish I had shifted her to RAW FOOD years and years ago (BRAVO!)... Right now she's on 1/2 kibble and 1/2 raw and the kibble is clearly what she has trouble with. It's time to save $$$ for that dental! I was hoping she could wait until we move back to VA where Ant Gnat can pull her teeth out (and I won't have to rob a bank to pay for it)! But we'll have to see!

No comments: